Java Backend Developer
WEIQ is the casual way to order and pay at a restaurant. Making the restaurant visit simple and the restaurant operations running smoothly.
The team at WEIQ provides a SaaS product that increases efficiency, sales and capacity for restaurants allowing more time for genuine service. Guests can use their phones to order, pay and get information and the staff spends less time behind a screen, running with orders or card terminals.
WEIQ also takes care of the job after the guests have left with integrations for easy admin. WEIQ powers memorable restaurant visits and allows the guests to have more time for each other.
WEIQ is one of the leaders for food & beverage orders in Sweden with over 180 000 users and 200+ restaurants but is also a company in scale-up mode with a lot of pots on the stove. Our most exciting times are still ahead of us, and we want you to be a part of the story.
What you’ll be doing
Engineering at WEIQ is about creating solutions that inspire and redefine our industry. We are a fast-growing company with a growing agile development team working tightly together, and have a clear mission to support the WEIQ users and customers. We deliver fast and often and optimize for quality by iterating, measuring and making sure we know what our customers think and how they use our products.
We are now looking for a junior Java developer to join us in the kitchen. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fastly growing company in an early stage in a promising industry. As a java developer at WEIQ you’ll be
- Inspiring and shaping our backend systems
- Working with a microservice architecture deployed with Docker in AWS
- Working mainly in Java but also with techniques such as Python, infrastructure as code, Docker, security and Linux.
- Developing new features and working tightly with our frontend team to deliver quality products to our users.
- Improving existing code
Who you are
You are a fast learner and a great communicator. You love to try out new technologies and are not afraid to ask questions. You are creative, communicative and customer-obsessed. You care about and have a great understanding of how our end users in the real world use our applications and the code you write. You are self-driven and love to work in a fast-moving full-stack team.
You will at least need to have
- MSc graduate from Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar program.
- Worked with or can show backend projects you’ve worked in Java
An extra plus is if you have
- Experience working with securing backend systems.
- Worked with high performing backend systems with high load, large databases and high availability.
- Worked with infrastructure and devops.
- Is a master at finding perfect GIFs for all occasions.
What we offer
At WEIQ we put a lot of emphasis on your personal development as well as our own. Here is a list of some of the things that we can offer you:
- The opportunity to grow with the company and be a part of something bigger than yourself and make a great deal of impact
- Top modern office spaces near Malmö Centralstation (with great coffee and AW:s)
- The chance to work with and try out new technologies
- The chance to learn a great deal about tech, start-ups and life
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you and are recruiting continuously. Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch soon!
If you can’t wait to learn more about WEIQ, check out our website weiq.tech or visit one of our restaurants and try out our app!
Come join us in the kitchen! See you soon!